Until just this past year, I was strictly a traditional fry kind of guy. My wife’s friend told her about a sweet potato fries recipe. We decided to give it a try.
- Cut sweet potatoes into relatively small wedges (they cook quicker)
- Toss potatoes into a Zip-Lock bag with a small amount of olive oil
- Add chili powder
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Shake bag around until all potatoes are evenly covered
- Heat oven to 450 degrees
- Place potatoes on a baking sheet evenly spaced
- Cook for around 20 minutes, turning occasionally
To my surprise, they were really pretty good. This also kind of turned me on to using chili powder in other recipes. It’s always good to build on what you like.