I’ve mentioned before that when dealing with fussy eaters, it is good to build on things they like. Since I liked the way the Southwestern Tilapia came out the other day, I figured the same basic seasoning would work for chicken. I didn’t use as much salt as I did with the Tilapia, but I did use more red pepper and chili powder (not that I actually measured them).
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Chicken breasts
- Mix dry ingredients in a Glad or Ziplock bag.
- Add olive oil to the bag and mix thoroughly.
- Add Chicken to the bag and shake until evenly coated.
- Put aluminum foil on the grill and cook on medium-high heat for about 10 minutes (actual time may vary based on your grill so just cook until done).
The chicken wasn’t nearly as salty as the Tilapia but it was a bit hotter spice-wise due to the increase in red pepper and chili powder. I think I am taking a liking to red pepper now. Who would have thought?
Have you discovered any new ingredients that you really like now?