My Roasted Brussels Sprouts were OK, but they still needed a little something. With all the southwestern dishes I’ve been doing lately, it seemed like a pretty good idea to try it with Brussels Sprouts too. We had company over for dinner, so I did the original recipe as well as these new spicy sprouts.
- 1 1/2 pounds Brussels sprouts, ends trimmed and yellow leaves removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (205 degrees C).
- Place ingredients in a large resealable plastic bag. Seal tightly, and shake to coat. Pour onto a baking sheet, and place on center oven rack.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 to 45 minutes, shaking pan every 5 to 7 minutes for even browning. Reduce heat when necessary to prevent burning. Brussels sprouts should be darkest brown, almost black, when done. Adjust seasoning with kosher salt, if necessary. Serve immediately.
I should have made more of the spicy sprouts since everyone seemed to really like them. The spices kind of hid the sprout taste a little more than the original sprouts. I’ll probably continue to make them spicy.