I had some brown rice leftover from when I did the chicken and brown rice and I still have a bunch of tilapia from the BOGO at Price Chopper, so I decided to try it with tilapia instead of chicken. Since I liked the Southwestern Tilapia, I figured I’d use the same basic seasoning. It’s another quick, healthy meal you can make instead of ordering take-out.
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 Tilapia fillets
- Corn, peas , broccoli or other vegetables as desired
- Mix olive oil and dry ingredients in a food storage bag.
- Add tilapia to the bag and shake until thoroughly coated.
- Dump tilapia and the remainder of the oil mix in a skillet.
- Cook until tilapia starts to turn a bit more white – but not completely cooked.
- Add approximately 2 cups of cooked brown rice to skillet.
- Add vegetable to skillet.
- Use wooden spoon to mix the ingredients and break the tilapia up.
- Stir until all ingredients are cooked.
I overdid it a bit on the red pepper. I don’t measure so my list of ingredients is approximate. Apparently, I must have added a bit more red pepper and chili powder as my mouth was definitely feeling the heat. However, that did a good job of masking the fish taste, so overall I will call this a success.