My wife has been making these for the holidays for as long as I can remember. She always thought I had tried them and disliked them, but for some unknown reason, I never did. Well, the reason isn’t really unknown. It’s because I thought I wouldn’t like them because of the yams. In any case, this year I went ahead and tried them. I can’t believe I went this long without trying them. Here is the recipe if you’d like to give it a try.
- 1 can of yams
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cup marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Pour yams into a 9×9 baking dish
- Cut up butter into small pieces and distribute evenly
- Sprinkle brown sugar evenly over the yams
- Cover with marshmallows
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until marshmallows become golden brown
If your fussy eater has a sweet tooth, then there is a pretty good likelihood they will enjoy these. I actually went back for seconds and then had more the next day as well. I’m already looking forward to the next time Linda makes them.