I’ve been looking for a way to prepare the celeriac we picked up at the Farmer’s Market and I finally found a recipe I think I’m willing to try. It’s for a mashed potato dish they refer to as Root Vegetable Mash. I’m including the recipe as stated, but I will be leaving out the garlic.
Serves: 2 Prep: 10min |Cook: 20min |Total: 30min
- 3/4 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1/4 pound celery root, peeled and cut into small chunks
- 1/2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/3 tablespoons 1% milk, warmed
- 1/3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
- In a large saucepan, cover the sweet potatoes, celery root, and garlic with water.
- Cover pan and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to medium-high.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until the celery root is very tender when pierced with a fork.
- Drain and return to the pan.
- With a potato masher, mash into a coarse puree.
- Add the milk, oil, and salt. Mash to blend.